by Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett
Tamara Jolee – a woman who finds out that she has cancer in ninety percent of her body. Chris Plenkenpol – the commander of a unit that fought in the Battle of Fallujah. Nate Larkin – a pastor who seems okay on the outside, but struggles with a secret, hidden addiction. Karen Green – a woman who was abused as a child and ends up homeless, living on the streets. These people and many others share their stories in the book I Am Second. Each of these people reached a point in their lives where they were desperate, without any hope for the future. But then they found Christ – and found life, and hope and healing.
Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett have a done a wonderful job of compiling the stories of numerous people who have come to Jesus and found the joy of giving Him first place in their lives. This book offers hope to those who are hopeless, who have come to the end of themselves, who literally feel that they are at the “end of their rope”. It is also an encouragement to those who are already followers of Christ – who have made the decision to “be second”, as it shows the amazing things that God can do in a person who is surrendered to him. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading the testimonials of others, or to anyone who is struggling in their faith or searching for answers and for meaning in life.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:
Post a Comment