The Grace Effect: How the Power of One Life Can Reverse
the Corruption of Unbelief
By Larry Alex Taunton
What would a world without the influence of Christianity look like? A growing number of individuals in our world today think that society would be better off without Christianity. They fail to realize the vast implications of their opinions.
Larry Taunton, a Christian apologist and historian, has spent much of his career countering these views, even debating such well-known individuals as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. But when he travels to the Ukraine to begin the process of adopting a young orphan girl, Sasha, he gets a first-hand look at a culture devoid of Christian influence. In his book, The Grace Effect, Mr. Taunton weaves together the story of his daughter's adoption, difficult and disturbing experiences in the Ukraine, as well as a brief history of the country to create a compelling case for Christianity, and the profound influence that it has on society.
This book held my interest more than I expected it to. The way that Mr. Taunton interworked Sasha's adoption story into a very informative description of the culture of the Ukraine made the book very enjoyable to read, while being sobering and thought-provoking at the same time. It has greatly increased my knowledge of the atrocities brought on by socialist regimes such as the one that existed in the Ukraine. This book also challenged me to think about what I can do for those who are oppressed, neglected, and who are victims of injustice. Mr. Taunton did an excellent job of showing what a culture without Christ really becomes. I would highly recommend this book to my family and friends.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:
Post a Comment